In this course, you'll learn fundamental skills while creating several types of diagrams using Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional. You will create a directional map, a block diagram, a basic and a cross-functional flowchart, an organization chart, and an office layout. As you create these drawings, you will learn techniques to drag and manipulate Visio master shapes, create connections between shapes, and apply styles to shapes, text, and pages. You will generate an organization chart from imported data and edit custom properties to store additional information in your diagrams. You will learn shortcuts to enhance your productivity and use unique tools designed for each type of drawing. When you've completed the course, you will have a firm grasp of all of the skills needed to create any kind of diagram using Visio.
Upon successful completion of this course, students
will be able to:
- Identify the various types of drawings you can create using Visio and navigate in a Visio document.
- Drag shapes from Visio stencils and resize, rotate, align, and transform them.
- Increase your productivity with smart features, such as numbering shapes automatically, duplicating shapes quickly, and grouping and aligning.
- Create a flowchart or a cross-functional flowchart.
- Create an organization chart manually or generate one from a text file.
- Create an office floor plan to scale.