The Need for Comprehensive Cyber Training
Information is a critical business asset, which depends on protection by competent system administrators experienced in real-world environments and threats. With the cyber threat increasing, we need a meaningful way to train, and certify, the level of cyber competency. A cyber-defense curriculum and live-fire trainers that quantify a student's performance are essential to the survival of our "Information Age" critical assets.
Effective cyber-defense training environment must include:
- Real-world, live training on systems that emulate the production environment
- Initial training conducted using a structured, on-site methodology; a "train the trainer" model can provide continuity for routine exercising thereafter
- Continual training capability for routine training and timely exposure to new threat scenarios as they are released
- Follow-on remote training as an option to continue the training experience;
- Up-to-date scenarios to keep current with the changing threat
- Sharpening of individual cyber skills, while fostering a teamwork approach to problem solving
- A training curriculum that addresses all of the basic day-to-day practices required to administer network and system security
- Real-time, comprehensive performance feedback to reinforce successful behavior
The Training Institute of Washington, DC can provide various options for delivering training, certifications and competitions, all in a cost-effective manner.
How do Chief Information Officers (CIOs) really know how competent their system administrators or security professionals are in dealing with real-world problems?
CIOs want to know their information technology staff can practically apply classroom knowledge, especially in a live environment where the pressures of maintaining critical skills are challenged by real-world hackers bent on denying those services.
These are three key areas in which to measure competence:
- Ability to maintain critical services even during moments of cyber attacks
- Ability to identify vulnerabilities and lock down systems (computers, network and security devices) according to the organization's security policy
- Ability to communicate substantively and in a timely manner
We quantify student performance and can provide examinations at multiple levels, depending on your organization's goals. We can test to certification standards that you set; we provide the results against your standards. Tests can be administered via the Internet, so there is no travel required.