If you’ve been using Outlook as a communications tool for some time, you know how to send a mail message, schedule an appointment, and create contacts, tasks and notes. In this course, you will utilize some more advanced Outlook tools to make your job easier. You will modify the Outlook environment to suit your preferences, and personalize your mail messages. You will also assign tasks to others and track their progress, learn about ways to keep your messages and calendar organized, and share Outlook information with others.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following course or have equivalent knowledge: Outlook: Level 1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and use message stationery, modify message and delivery settings, and program Outlook to send messages on your behalf while you are out of the office.
- Share contact information with other users, export contact lists, link items to a contact, forward a note to a contact, and create and use distribution list.
- Delegate a task, reply to a task request, specify settings for tracking assigned tasks, track assigned tasks, and share task information with other users.
- Sort, organize, and search for specific messages in your mailbox, and use color-coding to help items in your mailbox and calendar stand out.
- Modify the Outlook environment, including menus, toolbars, views, and default settings.
- Share information contained in your Outlook folders with others, access another person’s Outlook folders, save your calendar as a web page, and create and post to a public folder.
- Save messages in alternate file formats, open another Office document within Outlook, archive messages, and clean up your mailbox.
Lesson 1: Customizing Your Mail
Topic 1A: Use Message Stationery
Topic 1B: Creating Custom Stationery
Topic 1C: Modify Message Formats
Topic 1D: Modifying Message Settings
Topic 1E: Modify Delivery Options
Topic 1F: Notify Others that You will be Out of the Office
Lesson 2: Working with Contacts
Topic 2A: Sharing Contacts with Other Users
Topic 2B: Export Contact Lists
Topic 2C: Link Items to a Contact
Topic 2D: Forwarding Note to Contact
Topic 2E: Create a Distribution List
Lesson 3: Managing Your Work
Topic 3A: Assign a Task
Topic 3B: Reply to a Task Request
Topic 3C: Send a Task Update
Topic 3D: Specifying Default Settings for Tracking Assigned Tasks
Topic 3E: Track Assigned Tasks
Topic 3F: Sharing Task Information with Other Users
Lesson 4: Organizing Your Mailbox and Calendar
Topic 4A: Organizing Outlook Items
Topic 4B: Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
Topic 4C: Assigning Messages to Categories
Topic 4D: Group Messages
Topic 4E: Filter Messages
Topic 4F: Organize Messages By Using Color
Topic 4G: Find Specified Messages
Topic 4H: Manage Messages With Rules
Topic 4I: Apply Conditional Formats to Calendar Appointments
Lesson 5: Customizing Outlook
Topic 5A: Customize the Toolbar
Topic 5B: Creating a New Toolbar
Topic 5C: Customize the Menu
Topic 5D: Create Shortcuts
Topic 5E: Create Custom Views
Topic 5F: Customize Outlook Today
Topic 5G: Specify AutoCorrect Settings
Topic 5H: Change the Office Assistant Settings
Topic 5I: Display an Additional Time Zone
Lesson 6: Sharing Outlook Information
Topic 6A: Specify Folder Permissions
Topic 6B: Delegate Access To Folders
Topic 6C: Access Another User’s Folders
Topic 6D: Save a Calendar as a Web Page
Topic 6E: Create a Public Folder
Topic 6F: Post To a Public Folder
Lesson 7: Saving and Archiving Mail
Topic 7A: Saving Messages in Alternate File Formats
Topic 7B: Creating Office Documents from within Outlook
Topic 7C: Archive Messages Manually
Topic 7D: Archive Messages Automatically
Topic 7E: Protect Personal Folders
Topic 7F: Use Mailbox Cleanup