This course is the second in a series of three Microsoft Word courses. By taking this course, students will expand upon the basic concepts that were learned in the Microsoft Word: Level 1 course as well as be introduced to new intermediate concepts with an opportunity to apply them. Students will use intermediate features for creating custom templates and styles, managing tables and table data, inserting graphics, creating a newsletter, sending form letters, creating a Web page, and managing document changes.
To ensure success, we recommend first taking the following courses or having equivalent knowledge: MS Word: Level 1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and modify custom templates, apply existing styles, and create a custom style.
- Enhance a table by merging table cells, sorting and calculating table data, and creating charts based on various table data.
- Learn how to insert, manipulate, and format graphic images, including clip art, AutoShapes, WordArt, and organization charts.
- Create a newsletter using columns, sections, and graphics.
- Use the Mail Merge Wizard to mail merge form letters, complete with mailing labels.
- Create a Web page, create and edit a hyperlink, save and preview a Web page, as well as enhance a Web page by applying themes.
- Include comments in a document and compare and merge documents.
Lesson 1: Creating and Modifying Templates
Topic 1A: Apply Styles
Topic 1B: Modify Styles
Topic 1C: Create User-Defined Styles
Topic 1D: Create a Template from an Existing Document
Lesson 2: Managing Tables and Table Data in Documents
Topic 2A: Convert Tabbed Text into a Table
Topic 2B: Merge Cells in a Table
Topic 2C: Open an Excel Table in Word
Topic 2D: Sort Table Data
Topic 2E: Perform Calculations in Tables
Topic 2F: Create and Modify a Chart Based on Word Table Data
Topic 2G: Link Excel Data in a Word Table
Lesson 3: Adding Graphics
Topic 3A: Insert a Clip Art Image
Topic 3B: Add an AutoShape
Topic 3C: Insert WordArt
Topic 3D: Insert an Organizational Chart
Lesson 4: Creating a Newsletter
Topic 4A: Create a Document Section
Topic 4B: Format Text into Newsletter Columns
Topic 4C: Control Column Text Flow
Topic 4D: Wrap Text Around a Graphic
Topic 4E: Create Envelopes and Labels
Lesson 5: Sending Form Letters
Topic 5A: Select the Main Document Type
Topic 5B: Select the Data Source
Topic 5C: Insert Merge Fields
Topic 5D: Merge and Preview Form Letters
Topic 5E: Create Mailing Labels
Lesson 6: Creating a Web Page
Topic 6A: Create a Web Page Using a Template
Topic 6B: Preview a Web Page in a Browser
Topic 6C: Create a Hyperlink in a Web Page
Topic 6D: Edit a Hyperlink in a Web Page
Topic 6E: Apply a Theme to a Web Page
Lesson 7: Managing Document Changes
Topic 7A: Use Comments in Word Documents
Topic 7B: Compare and Merge Documents