Contact Us for Details
The goal of this workshop course is to develop skills required to effectively manage the schedule and budget of a project. As part of the Triple Constraints, the schedule and budget of a project (and the management thereof) are Key Performance Indicators regarding the success of any project. This course will enable the participants to hone the skills necessary to effectively manage the schedule and budget of a project. Sometimes referred to as Earned Value Management, this course is appropriate for all managers, team leaders, and others who work with project teams.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Determine how to effectively define activities.
- Determine ways to effectively sequence activities.
- Determine how to effectively estimate resource requirements and estimate durations.
- Develop an effective schedule.
- Effectively utilize schedule controls to keep their projects on schedule.
- Effectively ‘Crash’ and ‘Fast Track’ their projects to meet time and cost requirements.
- Determine how to estimate costs.
- Determine how to effectively budget for project costs.
- Effectively control the costs of a project.
- Influence future project activities to meet project goals.
Lesson 1: Project Time Management
Lesson 2: Activity Definition
Lesson 3: Activity Sequencing
Lesson 4: Activity Resource Estimating
Lesson 5: Activity Duration Estimating
Lesson 6: Schedule Development
Lesson 7: Schedule Control
Lesson 8: Project Cost Management
Lesson 9: Cost Estimating
Lesson 10: Cost Budgeting
Lesson 11: Cost Control