Division: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: Director, Sales and Marketing
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for growing revenues by selling to and establishing relationships with small, medium, and large commercial customers.The BDM will attain a monthly quota of new revenue through sales to both new and existing customers through the development of additional courses or programs.Attainment of sales objectives will be achieved through customer relationship development, on-going customer stewardship, and targeted prospecting.
The BDM is responsible for identifying customer needs, following through on the development of targeted accounts, and recommending an overall solution to address individual client requirements.
- Develops a sales plan for assigned existing and targeted accounts.
- Designs customer-specific, value-based solutions to ensure that monthly sales objectives for new revenues are attained.
- Develops profiles of targeted customer prospects and formulates customer contact strategy that may include face-to-face meetings, industry association membership, and/or trade show participation.
- Develops territory management plan that links revenue commitment to forecasted revenue opportunities.
- Identifies any gaps and designs targeted approaches to fill them.
- Executes business sales plan and tracks performance of successfully closed leads and opportunities.
- Conducts fact finding (through business periodicals, web sites, etc.) to determine prospect needs.
- Contacts 100% of assigned customers each quarter (minimum requirement).
- Acts on sales lead referrals from call center, instructor evaluations, and other sources within 24 hours of receipt and provides status updates.
- Builds teams within the comany and with partners to broaden positioning with key clients early-on in the sales cycle.
- Presents sales proposals to the prospective or current decision-makers.
- Transfers, as required, customers to the Sales and Marketing Director with a complete and organized package of information.
- Continues customer contact along with the Sales and Marketing Director to ensure customer satisfaction and uncover new opportunities.
- Minimum of 2 years in sales preferably in training, consulting, or professional services industries.
- Experience marketing and selling to small, medium and large commercial entities.
- Demonstrated leadership and professionalism in a high-pressured environment.
- Skill selling to senior executives in various size companies and industries.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability and desire to aggressively pursue new business.
- Self starter/self motivated, organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently, and juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills: show an ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business goals and to thrive in high-pressure situations.
- Proven commitment to customer satisfaction and relationship building.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written commuications skills.