This course will expand upon the skills that students learned in the Excel: Level 1 course and give you an opportunity to work with some more advanced features of Excel, including templates; sorting and filtering; importing and exporting; advanced formulas; analysis tools; and collaboration.
MS Excel: Level 1 or equivalent
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Excel templates and user-defined templates to create templates and workbooks.
- Use a variety of techniques to sort and filter data.
- Re-use and share data by importing and exporting and saving to the Web.
- Use various functions and auditing features to create advanced formulas and audit worksheets.
- Use PivotTables, PivotCharts, and other analysis tools to analyze data.
- Use Web features and comments to collaborate with others.
Lesson 1: Working with Templates
Topic 1A: Create a Workbook from an Excel Template
Topic 1B: Create a Template
Topic 1C: Create a Graphic
Topic 1D: Create a Workbook from a User-defined Template
Lesson 2: Sorting and Filtering Data
Topic 2A: Sort Data
Topic 2B: Add Subtotals to a Worksheet
Topic 2C: Filter Lists
Topic 2D: Create and Apply Custom Filters
Lesson 3: Importing and Exporting Data
Topic 3A: Import Data from the Web
Topic 3B: Import Data from an External Source
Topic 3C: Export Data
Topic 3D: Save a Worksheet as a Web Page
Topic 3E: Publish a Worksheet to the Web
Lesson 4: Working with Advanced Formulas
Topic 4A: Share Data Among Worksheets
Topic 4B: Create a Name for a Range of Cells
Topic 4C: Use Functions to Create Advanced Formulas
Topic 4D: Trace Cell Precedents
Topic 4E: Trace Cell Dependents
Topic 4F: Locate Errors in Formulas
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data
Topic 5A: Create a PivotTable Report
Topic 5B: Create a PivotChart Report
Topic 5C: Create Scenarios
Topic 5D: Use Solver
Topic 5E: Use Goal Seek
Lesson 6: Collaborating
Topic 6A: Insert and Edit a Hyperlink
Topic 6B: Add and Edit Comments in a Worksheet
Topic 6C: Create Discussion Comments
Topic 6D: Respond to Discussion Comments