In this course, you’ll learn fundamental skills while creating several types of diagrams using Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional. You will create a directional map, a block diagram, a basic and a cross-functional flowchart, an organization chart, and an office layout. As you create these drawings, you will learn techniques to drag and manipulate Visio master shapes, create connections between shapes, and apply styles to shapes, text, and pages. You will generate an organization chart from imported data and edit custom properties to store additional information in your diagrams. You will learn shortcuts to enhance your productivity and use unique tools designed for each type of drawing. When you’ve completed the course, you will have a firm grasp of all of the skills needed to create any kind of diagram using Visio.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the various types of drawings you can create using Visio and navigate in a Visio document.
- Drag shapes from Visio stencils and resize, rotate, align, and transform them.
- Increase your productivity with smart features, such as numbering shapes automatically, duplicating shapes quickly, and grouping and aligning.
- Create a flowchart or a cross-functional flowchart.
- Create an organization chart manually or generate one from a text file.
- Create an office floor plan to scale.
Lesson 1: An Overview of Visio
Topic 1A: Visio Documents
Topic 1B: Elements of the Visio Window
Topic 1C: Visio Navigation
Lesson 2: Basic Skills: Creating a Directional Map
Topic 2A: Using Stencils
Topic 2B: Saving Files
Topic 2C: Manipulating Shapes
Topic 2D: Adding Text
Topic 2E: Stacking Order
Lesson 3: Basic Diagram Skills
Topic 3A: Enhancing Productivity
Topic 3B: Managing Shapes
Topic 3C: Applying Styles
Lesson 4: Flowcharts
Topic 4A: Connecting Shapes
Topic 4B: Page Styles
Topic 4C: Cross-functional Flowcharts
Lesson 5: Organization Charts
Topic 5A: Creating an Organization Chart
Topic 5B: Organization Chart Data Wizard
Lesson 6: Floor Plan
Topic 6A: Creating an Office Layout
Topic 6B: Drawing Scal