This course is the first in a series of three Microsoft Word courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce common business documents as well as give you the opportunity to apply them. This course is designed for persons interested in learning the basic features of Microsoft Word for creating and revising basic business documents.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a simple document, save a document, use Microsoft Word’s automatic text features for entering text, and access online help.
- Make changes to an existing document using a variety of editing techniques.
- Apply text formatting to a document.
- Change the appearance of a document by applying various paragraph formats and effects.
- Create a table, navigate and enter text in a table, and enhance its appearance through formatting.
- Use Word’s templates and wizards, symbols, fields, Find and Replace, and proofing tools to efficiently do your work.
- Preview a document, apply and remove formatting that affects entire pages, and print a document.
Lesson 1: Creating a Document
Topic 1A: Enter Text
Topic 1B: Save a Document
Topic 1C: Use Automatic Text Features
Topic 1D: Obtain Online Help
Lesson 2: Editing Text
Topic 2A: Open an Existing Document
Topic 2B: Delete Blocks of Text
Topic 2C: Move and Copy Text
Topic 2D: Copy Multiple Items
Lesson 3: Formatting Text
Topic 3A: Apply Character Formats
Topic 3B: Change the Font and Font Size
Topic 3C: Add Highlighting and Color to Text
Topic 3D: Copy Text Formatting
Topic 3E: Paste Options
Lesson 4: Formatting Paragraphs
Topic 4A: Change Paragraph Alignment
Topic 4B: Change Line Spacing Within a Paragraph
Topic 4C: Add a Border and Shading to a Paragraph
Topic 4D: Set a Custom Tab
Topic 4E: Add Indents
Topic 4F: Create Numbered and Bulleted Lists
Topic 4G: Create an Outline Numbered List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
Topic 5A: Create a Table
Topic 5B: Change Table Structure
Topic 5C: Add Table Borders and Shading
Topic 5D: AutoFormat a Table
Lesson 6: Using Word Timesavers
Topic 6A: Create a New Document Using a Template
Topic 6B: Create a New Document Using a Wizard
Topic 6C: Insert a Symbol
Topic 6D: Insert the Date or Time
Topic 6E: Find and Replace Text
Topic 6F: Check Spelling and Grammar
Topic 6G: Replace a Word Using the Thesaurus
Lesson 7: Setting Page Display and Printing Options
Topic 7A: Preview a Document
Topic 7B: Set the Page Orientation
Topic 7C: Create Headers and Footers
Topic 7D: Change Margins
Topic 7E: Insert a Page Break
Topic 7F: Align Text on a Page
Topic 7G: Print a Document
Appendix A: Common Problems Associated with Printing